Thursday, August 30, 2012

So far so good!

Hi All! This is my blog for my study abroad semester in Paris. So far it's day 5 of my trip here in Paris and I am IN LOVE already. You probably have heard that Paris is a beautiful city, but you never realize how beautiful it is until you've seen it for yourself. All the buildings look like they were built a hundred years ago, which tremendously adds to the life and culture of the city. The Tour Eiffel is breathtaking, especially at night. I went during the day first and I guess I didn't realize how huge it is? Lol but my mom and I waited in a VERY long line just to buy tickets to ride a cart up to the different levels. So my first piece of advice is, if you're planning on vacation-ing in Paris, buy all of your tickets a few weeks before you leave so you can by pass all the lines at all the different tourist attractions. We pretty much spent all day on the Eiffel tower. There are 3 different levels. The first level has a number of restaurants and a cafeteria so we were able to enjoy a nice lunch over looking the city. 

The second level is basically tourist shops but the very top of the tower is the most beautiful. You can over look the entire city for miles all around and it is truly breathtaking. There's also a champagne bar at the top, but it is super pricey so I unfortunately had to skip having a glass of champagne at the top of the Tour Eiffel.






I've only been here 5 days and I've met so many kind people. A lot of people warned me that the people in France would be very stuck up if you don't at least try to speak their language. So far, pretty much every single person I've been has been completely opposite of that. I've found that they are genuinely kind, helpful, happy people. Of course there are the occasional rude Parisians but of course you're going to find rude people everywhere you go. I could see why they would be stuck up with tourists because the only downfall I've found about the city is that there are SO many tourists. It reminds me a lot of San Francisco but 10 times worse. But I guess you can't expect people to not visit Paris? Haha I just wish I could enjoy the beautiful city without the infestation of tourists. That's why my plan for this semester to explore Paris and France to the extreme. Yeah I'm going to do all the touristy stuff, but I really want to see what living in Paris is truly like. And I'm sure I won't have a problem doing just that over these next 4 months :)

No comments:

Post a Comment